- Broadway Across America-Jersey Boys: This high-energy tale of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons sweeps over you and you leave singing, ready to see it again.
- Beef and Boards-A Beef and Boards Christmas: The re-invented, jazzed-up variety show hits all the right notes making it high on my list.
- Papa Roux: Everyone needs a down-to-earth, good grub joint and this is it for me. Papa's proves that Po Boys can be served at reasonable prices without losing quality.
- Morty's Comedy Joint: Bringing headliners, good food and a warm atmosphere to Indy's comedy scene, Morty's seems intent on providing a high-quality show, service and menu.
- Hoosier Park & Racing Casino: I have been to a few casinos and horse tracks now and I stand by my opinion that this one is just plain FUN!
- IRT-Becky's New Car: Stephen Dietz's play, starring Constance Macy and Nicholas Hormann is well executed and hilarious. I enjoyed it so much I went back again on my personal time.
- The Cabaret-Amanda McBroom: Set in the elegant venue overlooking Indy's Circle known as The Cabaret, McBroom's depth of emotion and lifetime of experiences, softened with her effervescence, make her performance one for the scrapbook.
- WIBC-Joe Ulery and Oscar Champagne Brunch: Joe invited me to be the entertainment adviser on his Saturday Morning News Show and we have so much fun with it. Popping the cork on-air with Amber and chatting about movies for the pre-Oscar brunch was also a highlight.
- Owensboro: How do I put a whole town on the list? Easily. Bluegrass, botanical gardens, go-karts, performing and fine arts, burgoo, frozen hot chocolate, fudge and great shopping.
- Richmond-Lantz House Inn and J&J Winery: The positive outlook of Marica Hoyt, owner of the beautiful, historic B&B is contagious and her lemon-ricotta pancakes are addicting. Up the road, J&J manages to be cozy, festive and romantic all at the same time. The winery overlooks a scenic body of water, while the charming owners serve the best damn cheese and fruit plate.
- Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra-Yuletide Celebration: Sandi Patty made this colorful variety-style show a must for anyone needing a holiday boost.
- Devour Downtown: Local eateries reducing prices to showcase their food is a great idea which I enjoyed reviewing and tasting. I look forward to this year's menus.
The list ended with 12 by coincidence or fate, however you like to believe. It was difficult to narrow it down from my approximately 150 experiences this year. I hope some of your favorites are on here also. I look forward to 2011 and all the adventures coming our way. Happy New Year!
Elizabeth J. Musgrave is a syndicated columnist, travel writer and theater critic. Catch her as Indy’s Arts & Entertainment Adviser on 93 WIBC and follow her on Twitter @ejmusgrave1 and Facebook.